Friday, August 12, 2011

Orange Oil and Termites

Orange Oil Termites


Well this post is a little off target but I reader had a question for me the other day. Here it is, " My dog seems to be experiencing some sort of allergic reaction around the house. At first I had no clue what it could be as he has seem to be fine for all these years. However, last week I saw a couple of bugs crawling around the house. At first I thought they were ants so I called the exterminator. It turns out they were termites. I was wondering if dogs could be allergic to termites?"

So I did a little research and discovered that dogs, like people can be allergic to termites but it is usually not the bug itself that people are allergic too. Usually termites will drag lots of dust and pollen into the house, including dust mites. A recent study found that many people are allergic to dust mites, and it turns out dogs are also allergic to them. There are quite a few ways to deal with termites and the way that looked the best to me was orange oil termite treatment. In this method of termite control orange oil is placed around your house. As the termites walk through it the orange oil is like poison to them. Therefore placing it around your house will generally take care of your termite problem. However usually only expert exterminators can sucesffully use orange oil to kill termite so I would contact them before trying to do it yourself

Once the termites are out you should do a thorough cleaning of your house to get rid of all the dust, pollen, or dust mites that the termites may have brought it. After you do this, if your dog is allergic to termites, you should notice and improvement in the health of your dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment